Struggling and juggling or juggling and struggling

So I am having a hectic few weeks. I am still feeling back logged from my last vacation and am about to leave on another vacation. I basically have too much to do between my two vacations. Isn't there a rule that for every week you are on vacation you need two weeks before and two weeks after to recover? I don't know but I am feeling the stress.

Like a normal person, I have job stress, pet stress, packing and planning stress. Both my jobs have HUGE deadlines to be done before we leave. Why both jobs at once? Because that's some stupid Murphy's law rule.

Next our cat has not been himself. He was my chemo buddy - and any other day when all I can do is sit there in a daze of chemo drugs or pain drugs and zone on the couch. He hangs out with me. He has liked me since the day we met because I made sure his diet contained all the foods he likes - not just the yucky dried food my husband used to feed him before I came along and messed up (improved) their lives. He has been 'off his feed' as they say. It turns out his bad gums (not bad teeth - he needs to floss) are red and sore and caused all sorts of ulcers in his mouth so we get the honor (of a twice daily battle) to insert one eye dropper of antibiotic in between his clenched jaws for the next week or so. After 2 doses he is already better.

Finally, we have to figure out what to take on vacation - what we can do vs. what we want to do taking health issues into consideration. How to carry luggage - or how my husband will carry the luggage and I will carry my knitting and my little purse?

Then there are the health issues causing stress. I have visit to the pain doctor stress on Tuesday, followed by visit to the oncologist stress on Wednesday and finally dentist cleaning stress (I hate the dentist - not the person the procedure) on Thursday. Is the pain doctor going to give me more needles or more tests? What about the oncologist - what if she finds something? There is always that option with an oncologist and when they find something its never good. An hour of having someone pick at my teeth with a sharp metal thing is not high on my list of fun things to do. I am also getting my hair cut on Tuesday and am running a meeting Wednesday night.

Oh and today my husband has the day off and wants to do fun things but I have all these pressures leaning on me. I will compromise. We went for a walk. I made him breakfast. We will go pick up some stuff I need for one of my deadlines. I will kick his butt (I hope) in mini golf and stop at the library on the way home. Then I will get some work done toward my deadline as the weather goes down hill and the hurricane breezes on by.

I am struggling to juggle or juggling in a struggle. I don't know which but I have too many balls in the air for the next week. Then I want to go on vacation and be lazy and admire the scenery and enjoy time with my husband.
You have read this article stress with the title Struggling and juggling or juggling and struggling. You can bookmark this page URL https://ogbcommunity.blogspot.com/2010/09/struggling-and-juggling-or-juggling-and.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Struggling and juggling or juggling and struggling"

Post a Comment

Labels

1956 Suez War 1973 War 1st Amendment About the Blog Abraham Abu Dhabi Afghanistan agriculture Ahmadinejad Ahmed Mansour airlines Al-Jazeera Al-Qa‘ida Algeria Alzheimer’s AmeriCorps ancient history Anwar Sadat ANZACs appliance rebate April 15 AQAP Arab League Arab newspapers Arab World Arab-Americans Arab-Israeli Issues Arabic language archaeology Asads Ashraf Marwan atrazine Ausrtralia Ayman Nour back pain Bahrain bailouts bank assets to GDP bank capital bank guarantees bank nationalisation Barack Obama being a patient Berbers bethlehem bias billionaires biodiversity Biography birther blahs Blankfein blog action day blogs and blogging books BP brain cancer brain injury brainless bratwurst breast cancer breast cancer Britain Buckley v. Valeo Budget 2009 bully business Cairo camels cancer cancer bonds cancer cause cancer cure cancer detection cancer diagnosis cancer research cancer risk cancer treatment Capital Flows carbon footprint care giving Catholic Church censorship CEO pay Chamber of Commerce chemo brain chemotherapy child abuse China chlorine Christmas Citizens United Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission climate change climate science clinical trials coal coal power coffeehouse gossip college colon cancer colonialism communication Congress Constellation Brands Constitution coping Copts corporations corruption coups credibility Credit Crunch credit default swaps CSAs Cuba cure death debt debt crisis defense issues deficits democratization derivatives DFL diet diglossia Diplomacy distractions doctor appointments doctor questions doctors Don Gordon donating Double Dip Druze Dubai Earth Day earthquakes East Asia and the Middle East economics Egypt ElBaradei elbow elections emotions energy Eurozone Growth Eurozone Spreads exercises extinction fairness Fallujah fat fatigue FDR Federal Reserve film Finance First World War Fiscal Stimulus food football Fox News France fraud Friday Prayer friends funding Gallo Gamal Mubarak Garrison Keillor Gaza GCC Geopolitics George W. Bush Ghajar Global Imbalances global warming Golden Rule Goldman Sachs GOP government debt Greece Greenland Gulf oil spill Gulf states Haiti Hajj Hamas Hariri head injury healing Health health care health care reform health insurance healthcare healthcare reform healthiness healthy eating healthy living Hebron hedge funds Helen Thomas helping herbicides Herding Hizbullah holidays holy places http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.ghttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifif http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif humanity humor Husni Mubarak IDF Imazighen income tax incompetence Indian Ocean inflation information technology injections insider trading insolvency insurance intelligence Internet Iran Iraq Iraq war Ireland Islam Islamophobia Israel Israeli newspapers Israeli politics Italy Japan Jerusalem Jim Klobuchar Jordan Judaism Jundallah Koch Industries Kurdish issues Kuwait Kyrgyzstan labor lack of sleep languages learning Lebanon Leukimia levothyroxine Libya life lists Lung cancer Maghreb Maldives Manas Maronites masters of manipulation Mauritania Mecca media medical costs medical errors medical history medical information medication MEI MEI Annual Conference meltdown metastatic cancer Middle East Journal Middle Eastern Christians military affairs Minnesota Minnesota GreenCorps Minnesota taxes monetary policy Morocco mortality Mossad Motivasi Muhammad Naguib Muqtada al-Sadr music music videos Muslim Brotherhood mzerim n Napa Nasser national anthems NATO needles Netanyahu New Deal New York New Zealand news NFL nitrogen pollution no-fly zone Non Sequitur normal nostalgia Nowruz nuclear crisis nuclear weapons Obama obituaries ocean acidification oil Oman Omar Suleiman oncologist optimism organic output gap ovarian cancer overscheduled pain Pakistan Palestine Palestinian Authority palliative Pat Robertson patient rights patriotism Pawlenty Pays d'Oc pesticides pink washing Pinot Noir Plan B planning PLO politics Pope Shenouda III Portfolios Prediction Markets prescriptions press freedom price of risk procedures prostate cancer prostitution protests Public Debt Qadhafi Qatar Quantitative Easing Qur'an radioactive iodine Ras al-Khaimah Ray McGovern Reagan recalls Recession recommendations recurrence remembrance Republican Party research revolutions Richard B. Parker rock bands royalty Rush Limbaugh Saad Zaghloul Saddam Hussein safety sanity Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Railroad Satan Saudi Arabia scars Scott Walker Sectarianism settlements Shi‘ism Shin Bet shipping side effects skepticism Skin cancer sleep social justice social networking solar cells solar energy solar power soy Spare Capacity special operations sphagnum moss sports state budget stem cell Stephen Ross Wine Cellars Sterling Streisand Effect stress Stuxnet succession issues Sudan Summits Sunnis Super Bowl support Supreme Court surgery swimming pool Syria Tamazight Target Corp. Target stores tax cuts taxes teaching televangelism television Territorial disputes terrorism testing The ___ Gulf The UK think tanks thyroid cancer Tifinagh time tired Tom Emmer tourism transportation trauma travel Tulocay Winery Tunisia Turkey UAE UK fiscal policy UK Recession unions United Nations universities university US US Administration US Civil War US military US Presidential Election Utah vacation vegetables Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity Veteran's Day video volunteer volunteer work Walid Jumblatt Wall Street water wealth weather Weekend Historical Videos weight loss wellness Western Sahara Wikileaks wine Wisconsin women Woods Hole World War II Yemen YItzhak Rabin young cancer patients Zahi Hawass Zero Bound